It was fun to actually watch some college football on Saturday, as opposed to speculate about it. Watching football today was considerably less fun. Oh well. The end of the Bears season was offset by the combined-under-.500 magic of the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl! (No, it wasn’t)
- Larry Fedora punked Kevin Sumlin in a one-game matchup of hot coaching commodities that shouldn’t really mean anything, unless you’re a nutjob from Texas A&M.
- Along those lines, Paul Chryst’s offense lit up Pat Narduzzi’s defense in the B1G title game.
- Hugh Freeze is the next coach at Ole Miss
- Kevin Sumlin is no longer a candidate for the UCLA job. He’s also been publicly eliminated from the ASU job. Why? Also – who handles coach searches like this?
- Butch Jones says he’s turned down an offer to coach Illinois but I have to wonder if he was even offered.
- Todd Monken’s brother resigned his high school head coaching job.
- Kevin Sumlin, since UCLA and ASU have dropped out of the race, and Friday Night Lights-style craziness and immaturity has broken out at Texas A&M. Can we sneak in there?
- Todd Monken feels like he’s going to be a head coach somewhere. Illinois makes a lot of sense.
- Tim Beckman is just lurking. Quietly.
- Paul Chryst
- Pat Narduzzi
- Bud Foster
- Kirby Wilson
- Is anybody? Feels like all bets are off right now with the weirdness happening west of here.
- Butch Jones
- Steve Addazio
- Greg Schiano
- Mike Leach